CPT Coding Changes

search criteria = ALL
CPT Coding Changes

United Behavioral Health AuditingNov 26, 2013 9:34 PMKaren Chesley

United Behavioral Health Auditing
To: CPT Coding Changes
Posted: Nov 26, 2013 9:34 PM
Subject: United Behavioral Health Auditing
I'm having major issues with United Behavioral Health.  Over the past 2 months, I have received approximately 30 requests for medical records on my patients, while they withhold payment, usually for a 99214.  This is extremely time-consuming, and I've had to spend my Sundays responding to their requests.  Some of the visits have since paid, many are still pending, and 3 so far have rejected, saying the documentation did not support the level of service.  For each of those 3, I had clearly documented the length of the visit, and the time spent on patient education, as well as the type of education provided.  I plan to appeal, but it will be yet more of my time, all to hopefully collect $40.00!  I've been trying to contact someone at UBH with some knowledge or authority, but no luck so far.  Each person (when you finally get one) just sends you to someone else.  Have others been having similar problems?  What can we do?  I'm spending all my time trying to get paid, and not enough time left for me or my patients!

-------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Karen Chesley
Middleton MA
(781) 224-3606
-----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
Be the first person to recommend this.