Message Image  

Mrs. Sharon Craft, RN, PMHANP, BC, DNP

Eastern State Hospital

Contact Details

Eastern State Hospital

Ribbons

Eastern State Hospital

Bio

I have worked in healthcare since I was 18 years old. I have been a Registered Nurse for more than 25 years. I was born and raised in Chicago Illinois. I graduated with an AAS degree from Prairie State College in Chicago Heights Ill. in 1983. I am married to a retire Army Sgt. I have two adult children and four small grandchildren. When my husband joined the Army it gave me the opportunity to work in several states. We moved to Virginia in 1989 and I began working for the Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, Va.. I continued my nursing education at VCU in Richmond, Va. and received my BS in 2003, MSN 2007 and DNP from ODU Norfolk VA in 2012. I am currently employed at Eastern State Hospital in Williamsburg Virginia. I am the designee treatment team head on a 27 bed Forensic Unit. I also work every other weekend at The Pavilion Hospital in Willamsburg as well. There I cover the 20 bed Acute care unit. Although many years have passed since I joined what I believe is the greatest profession in the world I can say with certainty it challenged me to be the best I could be and to seek excellence in every aspect of my life. I am grateful today for every test and all the opportunities nursing has given me. This lamp will never burn out.
One moment, processing...