My Profile

Mr. Paul Panakal, MSN, RN-BC

Contact Details

Bio

I had been working as a director of patient care services at Zucker Hillside Hospital a member of Northwell Health in New York State and have recently retired.  With the direction of my leader Marybeth McManus who is currently the president of APNA NYS Chapter, I was able to build an enthusiastic Nursing Research & EBP Council at Zucker Hillside Hospital.  In this capacity, we were able to provide an Evidence Based Nursing Practice workshop to each and every registered nurse at Zucker Hillside and integrate Nursing Research & EBP a part of the on-boarding RN orientation.  Currently nurses in the frontline are leading nursing research studies and Evidence Based Nursing Practice is becoming a norm.
My vision is all nurses realize the leadership role they possess and become cognizant of their responsibility in elevating nursing's practice standard thus leading the way for Nursing to be recognized as a valuable contributor in healthcare quality and in reducing the healthcare cost in the United States.
APNA is a great forum and it is a pleasure to serve this organization.  I have served as a member of the Scholarly Review Committee for the 2019 and 2020 national conferences.
I am retired from Zucker Hillside Hospital and is currently working as an Adjunct at Long Island University Post.
For the last three years I have been contributing to APNA National Conferences as a member of the Scholarly Review Committee.

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Administration