My Profile

Ms. Satu Woodland, APRN

Mental Health Solutions

Contact Details

Mental Health Solutions
Ribbons

Mental Health Solutions

Bio

I have worked as an RN since 1983. I have worked in a variety of health care arenas before becoming an APRN in 2003. My favorite job prior to becoming an APRN in Mental Health was as a Case Manager in home health care for a number of years in California. I loved the variety of work, the variety of ethnic populations, the autonomy of practice and flexibility of time which suits me very well, particularly while I was rearing my 5 kids. Currently, I work in private practice and specialize in the more severe mental health disorders with medical illness comorbidities. I work with children, adolescents and adults. Please don't make me choose any specialties or favorites beyond that! I love the variety of people and conditions I work with!

To give back for all the blessings I have in my life, I have involved myself in a variety of volunteer activities. Besides a short stint in California as an area coordinator for the APNA prior to moving to Oregon, I have taught and given presentations to womens groups and churches in a variety of health care topics including mental health; I have been a Camp Nurse for a few summers, and have enjoyed working in the Volunteers of Medicine Clinic in Bend, Oregon evaluating and managing medications for psychiatric patients.

I love animals! I have a 9 year old shih tzu who serves as my therapy dog in my private practice. And I have an 8 year old blue point himalayan. Not to be upstaged by my animals, I have been married to a wonderful husband Dave Woodland, a current mortgage broker here in Boise, Idaho For those who are curious, my name is Finnish. It means "Fairy Tale" I am a half-breed Finnish American!

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Chronic Mental Illness