My Profile

Emily Bell, RN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC

Contact Details

Ribbons
Bronze Member
Bronze
Contributor

Bio

I am a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner educated and experienced in psychiatric evaluation, medication management and brief-intervention psychotherapy services across the life-span. For the past few years I have been employed by the C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center in Bay Pines, Fl. It has provided me the opportunity to work in Primary Care-Behavioral Health, an integrated healthcare model that provides psychiatric services with referrals from Primary Care Providers which has improved access and continuity of care for our veterans. Additionally, I perform psychiatric evaluations for veterans in crisis within the Emergency Department.

The Janseen Scholarship program first introduced me to APNA when I was a BSN student. It allowed me the opportunity to attend the national conference and better understand psychiatric nursing before I graduated. Since that time, I have served on the Nominations & Elections Committee, the Advanced Practice Council's Steering Committee and was asked to serve on a Task Forced related to blended CNS - NP programs that made recommendations to ANCC for clinical hour requirements.

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Crisis/Trauma
  • Health Policy
  • Integrated Physical & Mental Health Care
  • Psychopharmacology/Medication Management
  • Suicidology