My Profile

Cheryl Odell, MS, NEA-BC

Sharp Mesa Vista

Contact Details

Sharp Mesa Vista
Ribbons

Sharp Mesa Vista

Bio

I am the CNO of Sharp Mesa Vista a 158 bed hospital in San Diego. My career started in acute care in oncology and surgical nursing, critical care including trauma. I love in seeing improvements in processes that benefit both the patient and nursing practice. I moved from shift lead to manager. This role transition fascinated me and I choose the process of role transition from staff nurse to front-line leader as my masters thesis,a qualitative study.
I then continued to develop my leadership by expanding my influence I took various director positions including acute/critical care, acute/ambulatory and  acute/case management. I lead the development of the professional practice model and delivery model at Sharp Memorial Hospital which received magnet recognition in 2007.  It was then time for a new challenge. I am currently in the CNO role. Sharp Mesa Vista has been recognized for outstanding nursing quality from Nursing Database for Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) in 2012 and 2014.
I have also been active and served on the board for Association of California Nurse Leaders (ACNL) in 2012-13. I am currently on the board for the Califonia APNA board.  
I am passionate about leadership development and have mentored many nurse leaders throughout California.  I look forward to mentoring others.

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Administration
  • Leadership
  • Standards/Ethics