My Profile

Margaret Keeler, FNP, PMHNP

Contact Details

Ribbons
Silver
Contributor

Bio

Hello. It has been my privilege to be a part of the APNA Michigan Board since 2018, serving a as member at large, then secretary.  I have been certified as FNP for 22 years and as a Psychiatric Mental Health NP for 5 years. While working in primary care at a co-located clinic in a CMH setting,  I noted a huge need for mental and physical health coordination of care.  Currently, I am working in a private practice in Lansing and have worked part time in the public mental health for over 6 years.  For 20 years, I have been actively involved with the local Lansing affiliate of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and am currently serving on the affiliate board.   I am also serving on the board of Mental Health Association in Michigan, the oldest legislative advocacy organization in Michigan, working on public and mental health policy.  My hope is that grassroots involvement on the part of APNA Michigan members increases.   I am looking forward to seeing APNA Michigan Chapter grow in supporting nurses at the bedside, in administration, in academic environments and in advanced practice.  

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Integrated Physical & Mental Health Care