What are Writing Prompts and How do you make your own?
A writing prompt is simply a sentence around which you start jotting down ideas. Writing prompts or essay prompts are very common in students. Most of the people know the writing prompt as a college essay prompt.
The essay gives you an opportunity to show how effectively you can present your story in words. Knowing your prompt is important to write an effective essay. Before choosing a prompt, know what exactly an essay prompt is? So that you understand them properly and give the right answer.
What is Writing Prompts?
Writing Prompts are questions or statements that are focused on a specific topic or an issue. The prompt requires a response in the form of an essay, which is intended to check your writing, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Writing Prompts are usually used in English composition and literature classes, and in the college application essay.
Reasons for Writing to Prompt
- A fiction writer needs a writing prompt to kick start his creativity
- An idea to give you something to focus on
- For some people, it is difficult to start writing without having a prompt in hand. They might be good writers and have good writing skills but they need a topic to get started. A topic or a prompt statement might help them write an effective essay.
- Prompt is already given and it is mandatory to write on that given prompt.
- It can be a great way to get involved in a writing community
- The prompt may give you an idea from which a complete story grows
- The prompt might give you a new idea that you didn’t have in your mind
Examples of Writing Prompts
Here we have presented a list of Writing custom college essay that you could use to spark your imagination.
- Red rose
- They haven’t met since the day they left school
- She woke to bird song
- I told her not to come back
- Green eyes
- Her feet were totally numb. She should have listened
- Black cat
- She’d never noticed a door there before
- ‘Shh! Hear that?’ ‘I didn’t hear anything.’
- It was the first snowfall of the season
- A wedding experience
- A terrible experience I will never forget
- The forest burned, fire lighting up the night sky
- A secret I have never told to the person I love
- Falling in love for the first time
- Struggling to decide how to handle a problem that is morally grey
How to Make Your Own Writing Prompt
- If you don’t have a writing prompt and have no idea how you can make your own writing prompt, you can get an idea from the following sources:
- News headlines can give you a lot of writing prompt ideas on current affairs
- Snatches of overheard conversations can give you a diverse range of ideas
- Books that you read or ever came across
- Signs and words on a billboard, although billboards are intended for the college essay writing service, they might give you a unique and new idea to write about
- You can also search on the internet for writing prompts. It is a wonderful resource for writing prompt. You might get some incredible ideas that are not just up to date but unique as well.
- Keep looking for words and phrases that fire your imaginations, note them down, and try to make a writing prompt from them to spark your creativity. You never know where they might take you.
That’s all from our article on writing prompts. We hope our article will help you understand what is a writing prompt and how they can make your own writing prompt.
Understanding the idea of interpretive paper
Is College Worth It?
What Colleges Look for In the College Application Essay?