Primary Care and Psychiatric NP
• 28 years clinical experience as a Psych NP and 38 years experience as an FNP in California & Alaska with dual national certification
• Expertise in disaster & trauma mental health and psychiatric emergencies. Presentations at national and international conferences
• Record of successful integration of medical and behavioral services in both outpatient and inpatient settings
• Work with diverse ethnic groups, including migrant farmers, Alaska Natives, SE Asian refugees, multi-national fishermen and cannery workers
• Experience working with children, adults and elders inpatient and outpatient settings.
• Developed clinical operations of the AK statewide telemedicine system
• Created regional Trauma Support Services Program in AK and Trauma Intervention Program for CA hospital
• Converted failing Occupational Medicine operation into a profitable clinic in CA.
• Initiated Distance Ed components for the Univ. of Alaska FNP program.
* Developed videoconferencing capabilities and expanded learning management system for UCSF
* Served as Lead Faculty for UCSF Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nursing Program
* Set-up the Psych NP program for the University of San Diego School of Nursing in 2011; now Program Coordinator
• Director of Psychiatry for a national geropsychiatry organization.
• Directed services for a 9-site FQHC/CMHC, and for the 15-village clinics of a rural regional health corporation.
• Manager of urgent care, occupational medicine and behavioral health services.
• Oversaw professional training of behavioral health, primary care and EMS personnel in multiple settings.
• Initiated and coordinated efficient and cooperative teams for program functions, including quality assurance, procedural manuals, service implementation, product development, marketing, training, grant applications, budget creation, and many others.