My Profile

Dr. Todd Dickson, DNP, APRN, PMHNP

Dickson Psychiatric Services, PLC

Contact Details

Ribbons

Bio

I completed my DNP at Walden University and Post-Masters Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing at the University of Northern Kentucky.  I received my Master of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner from the College of St. Scholastica.   I bring 30 years of progressive experience in nursing.  I have practiced nursing in various settings and served as a nurse leader in acute care, long-term care and academia. I currently serve as a core faculty member in Walden’s Master of Science Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program. In addition, I have an active private practice in rural northeastern Minnesota serving outpatient clients with psychiatric disorders and co-occurring substance use disorders. My practice style is relational and goal-oriented, with emphasis on individualization of evidence-based practices, symptom and harm reduction, functional improvement, and active involvement of clients and their support services within the community. I grew-up on the Iron Range and I am dedicated to the wellbeing of the community.

My research and clinical practice interests include addictions, health disparities LGBTQ+ mental health, and rural health. 

Through my practice, research, teaching, and service, I work to improve the health of vulnerable populations in rural and underserved communities in northeastern Minnesota and to advance the profession of psychiatric nursing.

Expert Knowledge Areas

• APNA Leadership
  • Chronic Mental Illness
  • Education
  • LGBTQ
  • Substance Use Disorders