Contact Details

Pace University
Ribbons
Silver
Contributor

Pace University

Bio

Hello,

I'm originally from New York but have lived everywhere else as part of my 28 year military career. A psychiatric nurse by trade for 30 years, I have put my skills to great use in the Navy, Army, and finally Air Force where I have worked as case manager, triage nurse, inpatient psychiatry and researcher/clinical instructor, and retired from military service with the rank of Major in 2015.
I spent several years overseas in Germany and deployed to Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar and Greenland. While deployed in the middle east I served as outreach coordinator for a combat stress control team and specialized in PTSD, suicide prevention and stress management. 
My research interest is mental health perceptions and barriers to care and I published an article on a study that was part of my dissertation. I also had the priviledge of participating ina PBS documentary on PTSD and returning wounded warriors.​ Post military I returned to my home state of New York and now teach clinical psychiatric nursing at Pace University in Pleasantville NY and am continuing to pursue research interests in mental health stigma. I am also working on a book about the challenges of military transition into civilian life.

Expert Knowledge Areas

• Anxiety Disorders
  • Chronic Mental Illness
  • Crisis/Trauma
  • Eating Disorders
  • Education
  • Military
  • Mood Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Prevention/Health Promotion
  • Psychopharmacology/Medication Management
  • Psychotherapy